Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Each one of them is Jesus in disguise" Mother Teresa...



Years ago, I read an autobiography on the life of Mother Teresa. One thing she said stayed with me. It is how I live my life everyday & treat the people I meet everyday. That quote is...

"Each one of them is Jesus in disguise."

 This past Saturday, a mentally challenged gentlemen, came into my store. He comes into my store everyday & I always smile, say hello & ask him about his day...but, on this day, I had customers in my store & I was busy. He asked me if he could give me 300 pennies for $3.00 dollars. My first reaction (thinking in my head) was "Oh No" I really don't need 300 pennies. I almost said "No" & then I remembered this quote "Each one of them is Jesus in disguise". This quote, by Mother Teresa, was in response to a question on how she was able to care for the sick & dying. If Mother Teresa can help the sick & dying...then, of course,
 I can give a mentally challenged gentlemen...
 $3.00 dollars for 300 pennies!!! 

 With that said I think that if, everyday, each of us did this...
the world would be a much better place.

What happened next just proves that there are no coincidences...

Today, I opened up an email from one of my companies with inspirational prints from various people. The first print I opened up...a print with a poem...written on the wall in Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta, India & is widely attributed to her:

"Do It Anyway"

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.


If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
 Be kind anyway.


If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.
Succeed anyway.


If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway.


What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.
Create anyway.


If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.


The good you do today, will often be forgotten.
Do good anyway.


Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.
Give your best anyway.


In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.
 
All I can say is........With God there are no coincidences...
 
Kathleen Sforza
 

"Do It Anyway"

Artist - John Jones
SKU # - 3352-6194
Width - 15.50 inches
Height - 19.50 inches 
A sepia toned tree with the "Do It Anyway" verse.
Arrives glassed and framed in a mahogany finish.
SOLD OUT

Town & Country Gifts
1213 Castleton Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10310
718-337-8237

Websites:

Blogs:

1 comment:

  1. "The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.- Mother Teresa "

    "Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.- Mother Teresa"

    you can find many more quotes on http://www.quoteswave.com/authors/mother-teresa

    ReplyDelete