Sunday, September 11, 2011

One Moment...8:46 am...9/11/2001



Watching the memorial today made me realize that in
"One Moment" life can change.

8:46 on 9/11/2011 was one of those moments.

I think I cried for over 4 1/2 hours & it is through tears that I wrote this blog.

I so remember that day. As I'm sure most everyone does.

A "Picture Perfect" morning

that by afternoon was cloaked in a "Veil of Sadness".

The sadness surrounding us was so surreal.

It was...

A day spent in suspense...

A week that quickly turned into months & then years spent weeping...

I remember...

As the days, weeks, & months went on....not a day went by when I did not hear a story of  "Tragedy" or "Miracle" that occurred that day.

People who worked there & then for some reason were delayed & were spared tragedy. To those who were not supposed to be there that day, but for some reason were & lost their lives.

On that tragic day...I learned that...

I have to remember that life should be lived in moments. I shouldn't spend all my moments worrying about the past & the future. Mistakes I made in the past cannot be changed. I can only learn from them. Worrying about the future does no good. So today, I am thankful for the life I have & I will be sure to give a hug & a kiss & tell someone that I love them.


For I am sure that all those who lost someone that day would give anything to have one more moment to hug & kiss & say those three special words "I LOVE YOU"...

Trying to Live in the "MOMENT",
Kathleen Sforza

Town & Country Gifts
1213 Castleton Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10310
718-447-8237

Websites:
Kathleen Rose's Collection (an eBay Store)
Lorraine's Favorite Finds (an eBay Store)
Lorraine's Favorite Finds (an Etsy Shoppe)

Blogs:
Lorraine's Favorite Finds
Accessories by Ashley Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment